Do you have a daily oral health care plan in place to protect your mouth? For many individuals, there are three main types of treatments which should be used daily to provide your mouth with protection and care. Although they all provide care, none should ever be used in lieu of another as they all have separate but equally important roles to play to protect you. The important thing to remember is that they should be used on a daily basis.
Don’t delay in taking daily care of your teeth and gums. Consider the following when assessing your oral health care treatment options:
The Benefits of Brushing:
– Brushing your teeth twice daily can prevent plaque buildup and reduce the risk for gum disease and tooth decay.
– Brushing your teeth can combat halitosis (bad breath).
– Some food particles can stick to your teeth or gums and must be removed with effective brushing techniques.
The Benefits of Flossing:
– Flossing can remove hidden food particles in your mouth that can lead to gum disease and tooth decay.
– Flossing once daily can improve your oral health by preventing plaque buildup between your teeth.
– Some food particles can get stuck between your teeth, and cannot be removed by mouthwash and brushing alone.
The Benefits of Mouthwash:
– Mouthwash can combat halitosis (bad breath).
– Mouthwash can wash away harmful bacteria or acids that cause gum disease or tooth decay.
– Mouthwash can reduce plaque buildup.
Always practice effective daily oral health care habits to ensure your teeth and gums are at their best. For additional protection, such as oral exams and professional cleanings with Dr. Eric Thiede, stop by Black Lake Dental at our office in Olympia, Washington to book an appointment, or call us at 360-915-7353. Your perfect smile is our highest goal!