Brushing your teeth is vital to ensure your smile will not suffer from tooth decay and cavities. If you neglect your brushing care by failing to brush daily, your teeth may suffer. To ensure you are brushing effectively, here are a few tips that can help you:
– The proper fitting toothbrush is vital when it comes to your oral health care needs. Try using a toothbrush that can easily fit into your mouth. To avoid abrasion, use a toothbrush that has soft bristles.
– Choose a toothpaste and toothbrush that is dentist-recommended or features the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– If you struggle to brush effectively, either due to a muscle ailment or old age, try switching to an electric toothbrush.
– Storing your toothbrush in an aired-out container is important as to avoid damp areas that can form in sealed areas.
– Your toothbrush cannot keep your mouth clean if the brush itself is unclean. To avoid cross-contamination, store properly when not in use, and never share it with anybody else.
– Never use a toothbrush past its point of value, and replace it as needed, which should occur every 3-4 months with regular use.
If you would like to schedule an oral health care treatment with Black Lake Dental, simply call our dentist office at 360-915-7353 for an appointment in Olympia, Washington. Dr. Eric Thiede and the rest of our team look forward to helping correct your smile so it can shine brightly for many years to come!